- Maintaining the Wixom Wire House as a local museum.
- Collecting, archiving, and conserving artifacts and written materials related to the city’s history.
- Increasing the community’s knowledge of local history through educational programs.
- Building the Society’s membership and fostering community involvement.
- Identifying and implementing additional methods of preserving our city’s past.
Upcoming Programs and Events
- Monday, January, 2021 @ 7:00 PM – Annual Business Meeting; – Wixom City Hall, 49045 Pontiac Tr.
- Monday, February 15, 2021 @ 7:00 PM – Cancelled – Wixom City Hall, 49045 Pontiac Tr.
- Monday, March 15, 2021 @ 7:00 PM – TBA – Wixom City Hall 49045 Pontiac Tr.
- Monday, April 29, 2021 @ 7:00 PM – TBA – Wixom Community Center 49045 Pontiac Tr.
- Saturday, May 16, 2020 From 9 AM till 5 PM – Wixom Historical Society Rummage Sale Postponed – Gibson House 49805 Pontiac Tr.
- Sunday, June 14, 2020 From Noon till 4 PM – Annual Ice Cream Social Postponed – Wixom-Wire House, Southwest corner of Wixom & Maple Rds.
- Monday, June 15, 2020 @ 6:00 PM – Annual Wixom Historical Society Members’ Picnic Postponed – Gibson House, 49805 Pontiac Tr.
- July 2020 Date TBA From 1 till 4 PM – Wixom Historical Society Irish Festival postponed until 2021 – Gibson Park, 49805 Pontiac Tr.
- Monday, September 21, 2020 @ 6:30 PM – Meeting – Wixom-Wire House, SW corner of Wixom & Maple Roads
- Saturday, October 17, 2020 From 2PM till 5 PM – A Self-guided Tour of the Wixom-Wire House – Wixom-Wire House, SW corner of Wixom & Maple Roads
- Saturday, December 5, 2020 From 2 till 5 PM – Window to Christmas-A Self-guided Tour through the Gibson House Cancelled – Gibson House, 49805 Pontiac Tr.
Board of Directors
- President; Publicity Chairperson – Nancy Dingeldey
- Vice President; Website Contact – Laure Dorchak
- Secretary; Newsletter Editor – Jackie Coulter
- Treasurer – Kathy Matusik
- Trustee – Graham Bennett
- Trustee – Nancy Bennett
- Trustee – Bertha King
- Trustee – Leo Matusik
- Trustee – Laurie Acunsius
- Trustee – Sarah Zalewski
- Trustee – Roberta Meredith
Announcements and Updates
We will now be featuring information about upcoming events and programs on our web page. Come here for the latest details.
Due to Covid 19 concerns, all programs and events have been temporarily suspended. We will notify you here when we resume public activities. Stay safe, and take care.
Thank you to those of you who have donated artifacts, photos, and stories related to Wixom. The Wixom Historical Society has been working on archiving these items…We are collecting stories and photos for our Time Capsule. Please drop off your envelopes at the Gibson House on Friday, January 29, from 1 to 3PM. Donation is $5. You can also pick up additional envelopes at that time. There will be additional drop off dates scheduled…Did you know we are on Facebook and Pinterest?