- Maintaining the Wixom Wire House as a local museum.
- Collecting, archiving, and conserving artifacts and written materials related to the city’s history.
- Increasing the community’s knowledge of local history through educational programs.
- Building the Society’s membership and fostering community involvement.
- Identifying and implementing additional methods of preserving our city’s past.
Upcoming Programs and Events
- Monday, January 16, 2023 @ 7:00 PM – Route 66 & WHS Annual Membership Meeting – Wixom City Hall, 49045 Pontiac Tr.
- Monday, February 20, 2023 @ 7:00 PM – TBA – Wixom City Hall, 49045 Pontiac Tr.
- Monday, March 20, 2023 @ 7:00 PM – An Evening with Mark Twain – Wixom City Hall 49045 Pontiac Tr.
- Friday & Saturday, May date TBA, 2023 – Wixom Historical Society Garage Sale – Gibson House 49805 Pontiac Tr.
- Sunday, August date TBA from 2 till 4 PM – Garden Party – Wixom-Wire House, Southwest corner of Wixom & Maple Rds.
- Saturday, October date TBA from 1 till 4 PM – TBA – Wixom-Wire House, Southwest corner of Wixom & Maple Rds.
- All evenings in December, 6 till 10 PM – Windows to Christmas – Gibson House 49805 Pontiac Tr.
- Friday, December date TBA @ time TBA – Open House – Gibson House, 49805 Pontiac Tr.
Board of Directors
- President; Publicity Chairperson – Nancy Dingeldey
- Vice President; Website Contact – Laure Dorchak
- Secretary; Newsletter Editor – Jackie Coulter
- Treasurer – Kathy Matusik
- Trustee – Graham Bennett
- Trustee – Nancy Bennett
- Trustee – Leo Matusik
- Trustee – Laurie Acunsius
- Trustee – Sarah Zalewski
- Trustee; Master Gardener – MaryAnn Chupa
- Emeritus Member of the WHS Board – Bertha King
Announcements and Updates
We will provide the most current information about upcoming events and programs on this web page. Come here for the latest details.
A memorable and entertaining evening on Monday, January 16, 2023 at 7 PM at the Wixom Community Center offers a trip down “America’s Mainstreet” as we tour the most famous highway in American history–Route 66. Route 66 literally became the backbone of our nation’s economic development, how livelihoods were created and devastated and its legacy in today’s hurry-up society. Offered by the Wixom Historical Society and open to the public, donations to the society are appreciated.
On March 20, 2023, at 7 PM at the Wixom Community Center, we welcome Samuel Clements, better known as Mark Twain, for a witty, humorous evening sure to be enjoyed by all.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook. Search for “Wixom Historical Society.”
Would you like to receive the Wixom-Wire Newsletter and notifications about upcoming events via email? Send an email request to Laure.firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to our email list.